Followers

Thursday, January 30, 2020

What Should I Do Today

Yesterday, I got my blue chisels out.  I watched four or five You Tube videos.  They were pretty, but took a long time.  I couldn't see a good way to make something.  I finally come up with what I thought was a good plan.
I made a rack with two pieces of wood with three short spacers.  One each end and one in the middle hooked together with three screws.    I devised a way to hold it in place.  A small piece of wood was fasten at each end that went across the front and back.  A heavy object was placed on it on the other side. 
I walked out to house six and watered the tomato plants.  All of the blossoms have been harvested and the bag and pots emptied.  The potting soil is on the right side.  They are bring in more plants.
Dustin has removed his shirt while emptying the pots in house five.
Whenever I work with wood in the garage which is most of the time, it gets really dusty.  Sometime ago I bought a furnace filter to use in the garage.  I attached it to a twenty inch window fan with duck tape.  There are two strips on each edge of the fan.
 Here is a photo show the other side.  The air would blow in the facing directions.
There is so much scrap wood on the back half of the garage, thought I would make a box with shelves or compartments to hold the various sizes.   I cut some piece of plywood to the correct sizes need.  The I asked myself.  "Where am I going to put the box?"  There wasn't any place.  Therefore, I begin to move wood and make a place.  I moved wood around.  That didn't help either.  There was a lot of scrap wood around my radial arm saw.  I took the above photo after I had moved most of the wood.  There were a lot of pieces of lath.  They were used to mark all of the iris plants that I bought when we moved here over twenty years ago.   They are going out to the shed.
This is how it looked when if finished.  I ended up with a garbage can half full of sawdust.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment