Followers

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Snow Wasn't Much After All

Today is our temple day and there was not much time to get anything done.  I watched my three woodworking programs and then spent about and our in the garage.

There was only a trace of snow all the way to Manti.
I had to cut a short piece of wood off of another short piece.  I held the piece to a longer piece with a clamp.  Holding it to the miter gage I slowly pushed it through the saw blade.
The two short piece are glued to a base plywood  and to a backer wood.  I made two of them.
This will be glued to push stick caddy.  One on each side two hold the two tape measures that I have.
This fuzzy photo is of the empty caddy.
The back push stick is put in place.  It is made out of pine and gets beat up.  It is easy to replace
The next on is another stick made out of pine.
This one is made out of 1/8 inch Masonite.  There is a hook on the right side which is used by ripping narrow pieces of wood.  
I have two of them.
This one is made out of half inch plywood.  Setting the caddy next to the table saw, makes it easy to grab.
The large push stick is lined up first.  That is the one that I use most often.   This is more like a proto type.  When I get time I will make a new caddy with some redesigned push sticks.

There were snowy roads by Scipio Lake,  but the freeway going south from Scipio was only wet.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment