Followers

Friday, January 24, 2020

Two Days

I couldn't log on to the internet for a couple of days.  Finally I unplugged the router and plugged it back in again.  That worked and it has been working ever since.  But that is just today.

23 January:  Thursday

This morning we drove to Utah County.  Our first stop was at the Payson Walmart where we bought three items.  Our next stop was in Prove at Sam's Club.  We let there with some groceries and other household items.  We drove to Orem where we stopped at TJ Max.  Robert gave Carol a $50 gift certificate.
I stopped in front of this large mirror and took a picture.  I wanted a picture of the jacket and tee shirt that Lisa gave me.
There were a couple of small wooden boxes.  I may make some that are similar.
A different angle.
Here is a letter box.
We were home fairly early in the afternoon.  I had Carol take this picture.   It is kind of heavy shirt or like jacket.  With the tee shirt I can wear it open.
The bird feeder was empty.  I took it down and filled it with a bird feed mix.
The snow was soft.  I pulled out all of the extension cords.  I removed the light around the post and the rope light.  I took a while to prepare them for storage.
I put all of the lights except the rope light in the totes.
I hung the rope light on a hook in the shed.

24 January:  Friday 

I carried on roll of snow fence to the patio.
I have been taking apart this snow fence and using the lath for making boxes.  I have made boxes for potatoes and onions.  It has been hard to hold slats with glue applied to the end of the slat to the end of the rail.  While doing this drive a pin to hold them together.
 I made the above jig which may be difficult to explain and to understand.  The base is made out 30x15 half inch plywood.   I glued a small strip of wood across the top.  Not clear on the above photo.  I made two small 'L's.  The one of the left is a mirror image of the on the right.  The one on the right is glued to the plywood.  The two rails sitting flat on the plywood.
I put the slats in place, then clamped the upside  'L' on the left to the plywood.  I glued the top and bottom stats to the rail and drove in the pins.   Then the same for the next two.  Last is the one in the middle.
Back to the greenhouses.  House five is no empty.   All of the blossoms are harvested.  It looks strange.  
 The harvesting crew moved to house six where worked more in an assembly line method.
A machine has a drum that spins.  The harvested flowers prepared for drying by starting at one end and drops into the box on the other end.   Dustin Smith is operating the machine.
I continued to take items out of the garage and take them out to the shed.   The two buckets on the top shelf are full of Sevin 5 Bait.  I got it for Mormon Crickets.    I labeled them.  I don't know what to do with them.  We don't have crickets and if we did, birds would eat the dead crickets and cats would eat the prisoned birds.
 A close-up of the two buckets.
I moved the twenty-two foot pipes that were in the way of the shed by the grape plants.  They were laying on the ground.  I put some 2x4 pieces on the ground and put the pipes on top of them to keep them out of the mud.
The east end of the shed is pretty much filled up.

Closing this blog I have decided not to use the lath from a snow fence.  It takes a lot of work and the quality of the lath is inferior.  From now on I will buy lath.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment