Followers

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Bench is Over Half Finished

Breakfast and new as usual.
Yesterday, I took some of the things our of house four.  I wanted to take them to the shed, but it was to muddy.   I took them to the shed the first thing this morning because the mud was frozen.  There is a rope, chicken waterer, some large PVC caps, then a lot of lead drippers.  There was a couple of other things.
A little after breakfast, Shane called me and needed to shut off the water.  A water pipe broke and was running water all over.  The photo is taken later in the day shows where the pipe broke. They were in the process of fixing it.
Dusting is putting in  a union and several couplers.  They then took much of the injector and pipes apart to fix the leaks.
The photo above shows the legs of the new bench that I am building.  I made them a little long.  One is quite short.  I figured that it would the correct length.  

Carol had an appointment with her ophthalmologist at 11:20 this morning.   I stopped work on the bench and we drove to Fillmore.  While Carol was waiting, I went to Zions Bank where a deposited some money.  I also bought some glue at Ropers.   We came home and sloppy Joes made out of meat loaf.
I fasted a square piece of 1/2 plywood to the top of each leg.  I then fasted the plywood to the table base.  Then I put the door on top of that as pictured in the photo above.  It appears from the photo that the bottom of the legs are facing inward.  The table was to tall.  I took the legs of the table and cut them to the same length of the short leg.  
I fastened the legs back of with plywood fasten to the legs and table frame/  It is illustrated in the above photo.  The table was about 1/16 inch to tall.
I removed the legs again and cut off a little more than 1/16.   I removed the legs only.  The plywood remained attached to the frame.
I put it all back together.  It was just right.  The miter slider slid just barely above the bench top.  As before it would it the bench top and stop.
Here is the nearly finished bench.  Tomorrow, I am going to build two shelves for tool storage.  The sawhorses will be kept outside on the patio for awhile.


Comments and questions are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment