Followers

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Ninety Percent Finished

I worked on the bench some and took the car to Fillmore.
 
It is past time to have the car serviced.  I have added oil twice and is getting low now.  So instead of adding another quart of oil I took it to Fillmore.  It was finished in about thirty minutes to do it.

I bought some lag screws for the bench, and checked on our bank account at Zions Bank.
I picked up the mail. Carol got her new handicap sign.  It is good for two years.   The on above expires this month.
I needed to talk with Shane.  Walking out to house two, I saw two large horse trailers.  Shane was expecting some more hemp plants.  I thought they had come and were in these trailers. They were friends of Shane and stopped on their way to California.
The next thing for the bench was to install some shelf supports.  The table upside down on a pair of sawhorses.  The two supports are show in the above photo.
A pair of wood clamps tightened to either leg and the support is resting on the clamps while I drive some screws through the support.
I attached the bench frame to the legs by drilling two holes through the fame into the leg,  I did that far each leg.  Over half the time I hit a screw from the other direction.  I backed out the screw and screwed in the lag screw.  Then I screwed the other screw.  If that makes much sense.
I found a piece of plywood and was able to cut a piece for the back.
I ripped another sheet in half and was able to make the two shelves..


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment