Followers

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Much Bench Progress

Another good day at the temple.  We had lunch before we went home.  On the way home we got gas and soft ice cream cone.  We were home by one.  I cleaned up the bench leg that I finished yesterday.
The large electric motor was on a small cart that had four casters.  I need three of them for the other three bench legs.  I put the motor on my cart with the small one and took it over to Richard Darnel.  I thought that he would come over and take a look at it.  He didn't come so I took it to him. His truck was there.  I left them.  I will call him and if he doesn't want them, I will give them to Robert.
I cut three caster blanks to receive the castors.  The slot to hold the blanks  were not the same size even as I tried hard to make them the same.   I remove some of the wood from the slot a rasp.  The piece fit perfectly.  I glued it in place.  I did the other two and both needed some shims.
I drilled a hole in the wood and screw in the caster.   They are finished.  I might be able to finish the bench tomorrow.
He is a piece that does not fit very well.   I glued one side and then glued some small shims into place.
I held to the piece with clamps so it would not spin.

I loaded up some stuff out of house two.  They are on the cart headed for the shed tomorrow.

comments and questions are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment