Followers

Monday, February 10, 2020

Rebuilt Three times & Bad News

Monday morning is a wash day.  Carol washed the sheets and other things that was not washed Sunday, yesterday.  I help with making the beds.  I stayed in the house until about ten.  By then the Monday morning chores were finished.

I then went out the garage to work on the wood box.
This is how it looked last Friday.  It is lopsided, there is a divider through the center.
It will not hold and wood that are longer than fifteen inches.  I took it all apart except for the bottom and sides.  I removed a lot of screws.  I removed the center partition.  I have a hard time remembering to take photos of each step. It is to dark to get good photos.
I got it put together.  the bench for the radial arm saw was not level.  I adjusted the legs by removing the blocks under each leg.   I got it leveled front and back and left and right.   The wood storage box would not even fit.     
I started over.  I used some wedges.  With a lever I could lift the front or either side.  I then slid the wedge under the legs.  I checked the spirit level and then made more adjustment.  I the buble in the spirit level was not between the two marks, but close enough.
The wood box then fit under the table top.  When ever I need some wood, I can pull the box out and move it out of the way.  I pull wood out of either side.
One reason for the wood box was to remove all of the junk off the work bench.
Kim Caso on Face Book, saw some photos of Joshua trees near Monroe, Utah.  I posted the above photo of a Joshua tree in our yard.

We got a call from our daughter-in-law.  She was crying so much that we couldn't understand here.  The paramedics were called.  One of them took the phone and reported that our son Eric suffered from cardiac arrest.  He was hooked up to a machine that did chest compressions and breathing for him.  They worked on him for over forty minutes, but could not revive him.

We were in the car in about ten minutes on our way to the Lehi Hospital.  I turned on the GPS that gave is directions.  There is so much construction, and being dark going the directions did not seem to be right.  We finally found the hospital.  Eric Gray, Lisa's husband, was waiting for us and told us that he had passed away.  We didn't hear anything from the hospital while we were driving.  My hope was that they had revived him and he would be making a complete recovery.  It wasn't to be.

We were at the hospital a little before ten.  Lisa and Eric, Robert and Jeanne were there and some of our grandkids.  Richard came a little later.  Eric was laying on his back on the gurney.  This is one of the saddest days of our life.  He was fifty years old and left four children.  Four months, three years, and two who are five year old.

We left the hospital about ten.  We followed Robert and made our way back to the freeway.  We were home by twelve.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment