Followers

Saturday, July 8, 2023

Busy Day

After breakfast I watched three woodworking shows.  I then began working in the garden.  The first thing that I done was to water the two rows of onions.  The south row watered quite well.  I didn't have to give it much attention.  The north row was more difficult but with the help of my shovel I got it watered.  

I used a chair to help me get up and down, I then pulled a lot of weeds in the row.  The photo above shows the largest onion.  It is a little larger than a golf ball.  I don't think we will have to buy any more onions.
This afternoon I pulled off all of the dead bean vines.  I worked inside first and then outside on the north side.
Most of the dead vines were on the floor of the hoop house. 
The cookies that I bought a couple days ago were pretty boring.  I gave two to the chickens in the hen house and two to the chickens in house five.  Both groups of chickens began to eat them.  The mother and her five chicks took to them right away.  The above photo shows them eating
I sprayed the weeds that were growing with the Topaz melons.  The sections of four inch PVC pipe protected the plants from round-up.
Here is another photo of the weeds and PVC pipe.  I dug and pulled weeds in both gardens.  I pulled weeds growing among the burpless cucumbers.  I was on my hands and knees.  Tonight, I turned on the sprinklers in the back yard. We watched TV until we went to bed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment