Followers

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Unexpected Company

 

I was up early this morning and went out to house five.  I thought that I left the water running all night. Sure enough I did.  I turned it off and went back to the house.  I started making mush. I started preparing breakfast.  

I went back to greenhouse five and pulled the welded wire trellising free from the dead green arrow pea vines.  Got my pitchfork and put the vines in a pile outside the west door.  I laid it down and began to roll it up.  I took a while.  I also dug up some other weeds. There was some big puncturevine weeds. 

I rolled it into one big role and placed it out of the way on the north side of house five.  

After the Metlock show was over I put the house garbage in the trunk of my car and took it to the dumpster. On the way home I stopped at the post office and picked up the mail.
I got my Weed eater and cut down the dead tall wild rye under the apricot tree.   I cut off some small dead apricot branches.  Then I put them in the back of our truck, 
I prepared a place to plant some summer squash.  I dug up all of the weeds. Then I got bucket of dry potting soil and put it in a short furrow.  The photo shows water running in the furrow. I watered most ofthe plants in the south garden. Some of the burpless cucumber have baby female flower.   I was going to plant the squash this evening.  A car drove into our driveway.  Surprise, it was Lisa.  She is going to stay with us for a couple of days.  She brought a lot of food with her and made some small pizzas for supper.  After supper we visited some.  Lisa then went to bed.  We watched TV until we went to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment