Followers

Monday, July 24, 2023

Twenty-fourth

I really slept in this morning.  I think I was up every hour for a bathroom break.  The next thing I knew was that it was 6:40 when Carol came in my bedroom and turned on the light.  I fed the cats and started breakfast.  Carol didn't eat much, but I had my regular breakfast.  The Holden ward is sponsoring a July 24 parade which started at nine.  I put a couple of chairs in the car and drove the church.  We found a good place to park.  We put the chairs behind the car facing the parade.  The parade theme was "Feed my sheep."  Different families created floats using the theme.

I was holding an umbrella to shade us from the hot sun.  I didn't start taking pictures until the parade was nearly over.    
The American flag was put posted this morning; we came home for some lunch.  After lunch I watered all of the plants in the south garden, the potatoes, and pepper plants.  I also watered the summer squash again.  We had a little rain and thunder.  I was in greenhouse five raking up some dried-up plant material.
There was a black thing hanging on my bedroom gable.  Lisa said that it was a bat.  I knocked it down today.  I turned out to be a hummingbird hanging by its beak.  I was about four inches long. The white rooster in house six got out.  I went out to greenhouse six to see if it got back in.  It was in roosting its usual place.  We watched TV until we went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment