Followers

Friday, July 7, 2023

Four Trips

7 July 2023 Friday

After break, fast this morning I put on my boots, got the weed eater, and started cutting the dried-up grass, mostly foxtail by the road on the east side. I went into the house to watch one of my shows. Robert came.  I went outside with him.  He picked up some of his small fruit trees and took them south of house five.  Robert brought some irrigation tubing.  It turned out to be the wrong size.  We were able to make it work by sliding the tubing into the black tubing.  I got some hose clamps and Robert tightened it up.  It worked.  It didn't leak.  There was a large pile of used potting soil that Robert used the tractor to move the soil to the lowered bed.

I got the lawn mower out and mowed down all of the grass that grew back.  There were several clumps of poplar trees.  Robert cut them down and applied round-up.  We put the branches in our pick-up. We stretched a string east to west ten feet from the tubing that we put up last week.   Robert put an water emitter into the line every eight feet.  Robert turned on the water and let it run while we had lunch. 
After lunch Robert dug a hole planted a small fruit tree at every water emitter.
Robert went home and I started watering the south garden.  I also dug up many of the weeds.  The above photo shows the corn.  I watered the everything except the onions. 
There is three small seedless cotton trees growing up in the front yard lawn.  They are about sixty feet west of the nearest cotton wood tree.  It is amazing how the roots could go that far.
The green pole beans are doing well. There are some buds and will soon be blooming.

6 July 2023 Thursday

After breakfast I took the weed eater out to cut weeds that I missed while mowing the lawn.  The battery soon went dead.  I grabbed my shovel to cut down a bunch of tall weeds. I don't know the name of them but their seeds blow in the wind.

As I walked by the dahlia garden the north end of garden was full of a grass type weeds.  I dug most of them up.  Some of the weeds were hiding the dahlias.   The above photo shows that the weeds are out.  I did a lot of weeding in the south garden.  It looks pretty good.  
The above photo shows the valve that I fixed.  It is quite a story.  I worked in the garden until it was time for one of my favorite morning TV shows.  I watched that and then went to the post office for the mail.  There wasn't any.  I then drove to Fillmore.  My first stop was at Roper's hardware store.  I got a few thing to put in a new valve as shown in the above photo.  I then picked up a few groceries at the Fillmore market.  Carol had a list for me. I went back home and I needed still another item.  I went back to Roper's.  I showed them the valve and they gave me the piece.  I used my credit card.  I put the piece down and sighed for it.  I then went back home.  I couldn't find the valve.  I looked all over the house and the garage and still couldn't find it.  I called Roper's and the phone rang and rang and rang some more. No answer.  I drove back to Roper's.  The lost piece was sitting on the counter.  Back home again and I got it fixed as shown in the above photo.  After supper, we watched TV until we went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment