Followers

Monday, October 9, 2023

Cutting Sunflowers

I was up at six, turned on the furnace, showered, dressed, shaved, and read a chapter in the Book of Mormon.   After breakfast I did some watering in the garden.  I watched my Matlock show.  After the show, we Carol got some medication at the drug store.  Carol bought some greeting cards at the dollar store. I bought four quarts of motor oil.  We then went to Love's and filled the car with gas.   After lunch.  We watched a murder mystery. 

Carol went to a DUP meeting, and I started to cut or dig out the old sunflower plants.  I tried to dig them out and the soil was way too hard.  

We bought the small Honda tiller this spring.  We did some tilling in greenhouse five and later in the spring we did some tilling in the north garden.
I was trying to take a picture of the dead sunflowers and got an ugly selfie instead.
While Carol was at the DUP meeting I cut down all of the sunflowers.  They were in small stakes on the graveled driveway.  
I loaded them on the back of the pickup truck.  I was going to take them to the dump in the morning.  The truck was almost out of diesel fuel.  We watched TV until we went to bed.
The weed eater didn't do a good job.  I then used pruners and shears to cut down the sunflowers.
I harvested cucumbers and crookneck squash and zucchini squash.  I had a beef pot pie for supper. It didn't taste very good.  




No comments:

Post a Comment