Followers

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Harvest Veggies

I was up a little over six this morning.  I showered, dressed, prayers, and shaved.  That gave me time to read the next chapter in the Book of Mormon.  Carol got up a little later. She started the wash and then showered and done her hair.  I watched three of my morning TV shows.  I then went to the post office and got the mail.  After I got home, I picked all of the ripe fruit.  Most were tomatoes, but there were a few cucumbers, crookneck squash and zucchini squash.

I put it all in three Sam Club buckets.  Some tomatoes are completely ripe and a few are partially ripe.

Carol washed them.  Those in the above photo are partially ripe.  In a couple of days, they will turn red.
The photo above shows the tomatoes that have the color red.
Carol is going to make veggie juice which requires parsley. There was some growing north of the front room. I picked all of it.  It took me quite a while to remove the grass and leaves.  Carol put it in a grocery bag and then put it in the fridge.
There was a watermelon in the south garden.  A deer had eaten part of it,  I took it into the house to give it to the chicken.  I cut it in half and ate some of it.  The heart of the melon was really sweet.  I fed the rest of it two chickens.  They really like watermelon. 

I shut the doors to greenhouse six while it is still light.  The low temperature expected 24 degrees. We had warm-ups for supper.  We watched TV until we went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment