Followers

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Success

I really slept in this morning.  I showered and said my prayers. I didn't have time to shave.  It was seven. I turned on the news.  I then started my old fashion oatmeal mush and then fed the cats. Carol was up later.  She showered while I prepared breakfast.   After breakfast I picked a small topaz melon.  I cut it in half and cleaned out the seeds and then cut off the rind and cut the melon into small pieces.  I watched the second half of the Matlock TV show.   When the show was over I went to the post office for the mail.  There wasn't any.

On the way home i took a picture of the maple trees.  Their leaves were really colorful.
When I got home, I cut down the hibiscus stems and put them on the compost pile.  All that is left is the stubble.
I put the pieces of the topaz melon it a bowel and put them in the fridge.
The summer squash vines are frozen, but there are still a few squashes left.
The topaz melon is a little bigger than the a soft ball.  It still tasted good.
I picked Carol a few more dahlias stems.
This is a photo of the large compost pile made of dead plant material.
This all that is left of the smaller hibiscus plant.   The grass is pretty tall.
For supper I had a bacon and tomato sandwich.  The bacon and tomato were between two slices of toast.  It tasted so good.  I turned the water back on for the night.  Carol is putting a puzzle together.  We watched TV until we went to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment