Followers

Friday, October 27, 2023

Furnace Fixed

This has been a busy morning.  After breakfast we went to work making another batch of Carol's V-8 juice.  She cleaned all of the tomatoes, cut off the bad parts of the tomato, cut the tomato in pieces, and put them in a large kettle.   She did that until all of the tomatoes, were in the kettle.  I mashed them so that there was a lot of juice.  She put it on the stove and boiled them until they were good and soft.  We put them into a juicer. I worked the juice until we got all of the juice.  

Carol but the juice into quart jars.  We ended up with twelve bottles V-8 juice.  I called Andrew Brown several times.  He and a helper came this afternoon.
They tested the furnace and the switch.  He and his helper were here for about an hour.  They got it working.
I asked him to look at the furnace in house five.  I had a lot of problems.  The leaves of the fig shrubs were frozen.  I picked two bunches of grapes.  There are a lot of grapes.  I will give them away to anyone who wants them.     
I have wondered about the electricity going to the greenhouse.  I took a picture of the electric meter.  I will check it in a couple of days to see how much electricity has been used.  This evening I went back to greenhouse five to see if the furnace would turn on.  I turned up the thermostat, and the furnace came on.     
The tomato plants are frozen.  I picked a few tomatoes that look like they will ripen.  We watched TV until we went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment