Followers

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Broken Furnace

It was late when I got up this morning. I was kept warm by my electric blanket. I changed the blanket temperature several times during the night.   I turned up the furnace thermostat, weighed, showered and said my prayers.   Carol got up a little later.  I fed the cats and started breakfast.  It was about nine when we drove to Fillmore.  We stopped at Roper's and bought some lights for our light fixture in the front room. We got some groceries and small lights that were cheaper than the ones we bought at Roper's.  We then stopped at the State Bank to cash a one-dollar check.  We were there longer than we thought that we would be.  Thayne who is the husband of the bank manager.  He wanted to see us.  A couple of years ago he went us to the Manti Temple.   We had a nice visit with him.  Lunch was warm-ups left over from yesterday.  

I bought two lights for this light fixture in the front room.  I is a lot brighter now.
Early evening I turned on the furnace that is in greenhouse five.  It didn't work.  I came back several time and tried again.  It still didn't work.  Later I called Andrew Brown to see if he could fix it.  He said he would be there in about 45 minutes.  I was a couple of hours later when he came.  He fixed it and then had it cycle once.  It is working.  He didn't charge me anything.  
CR Charlesworth brought us some oranges and nuts.  
Carol made some soup; using roast beef and potatoes she had some potato peels that I gave to the chickens. I had a bowl of soup, it was good.  We watched TV until we went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment