Followers

Monday, January 1, 2024

January One/Monday

I was a little late in getting up this morning and didn't watch all of the morning news.  It is my birthday.  I am 86 years old.   I did prepare breakfast and fed the cats.     Richard came for a minute or two he gave a nice pocketknife; he then went on his way.  We put the Nativity away.  It was a challenge to get them all to fit.  Robert and Jeanne called and wished me happy birthday.  We put away the Christmas decorations in the front room.  I didn't plan on doing this, but when I went into the front room where the tree is located, I saw Carol removing the snowflakes.  Her mother made them for Carol years ago.  I got the large tote. We took all of the decorations and I got most of them in the box.  This afternoon I put all of the outdoor lights away.  Carol Masner called and wished me happy birthday. 

I put most of the outdoor lights in bags that held cat food.

Lisa and Eric came.  They drove us to Sutherland where we visited with Ray and Maryanne.  We visited for an hour so and then went home,  

When we got home Lisa and Eric prepared a dinner for us. There was a lot of food, vegetables, meat, mushrooms and a lot of other different things.  We would put them in cooker that was divided into two parts.  Water was in both halves.  The right half had spicy water.  We put the food in each half.  After it boiled awhile, we would take it out and put it on our small plate.  After we ate that we would take another helping.  After we finished eating, they cleaned up the table and put the dishes in the dish washer.  Lisa and Eric went home. It was after dark when Elizabeth called from Kentucky. She wished me happy birthday.  It was good to hear from her.   We watched TV until we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment