Followers

Monday, February 26, 2024

Planting Peas

Thought that I was getting up early this morning. But by the morning routine was finished, it was time for the morning news.  I turned on the news and then fed the cats.  Carol was up a little later.  I fixed breakfast.  After breakfast we watched the morning channel 44 shows.  There were several interruptions.  So we missed part of the shows.  I picked up the mail.  I had sweet potato pie for lunch.  It was creamy for dessert.  After lunch I went out to the garden and planted Green Arrow peas.  Most of the following photos are about the planting.  Most of it may be boring.  I took pictures of preparing the soil for planting and then planting and then covering the seeds with soil.

This show preparation.  I brought over the little Honda tiller which was in greenhouse five.  I tilled down the row and then back up the row.  It took a while to get the warmed up but it did a pretty good job. 
On my hands and knees I was able to plant the seeds.  They were planted pretty thick.
This looks like the same photo as the one above.
Here the seed are planted.
I use this trenching shovel to partially cover the seeds.  I drug it down the row.
The seeds are visible in the row,
I walked up the row walking heel to toe,  That presses the seeds into the soil.
This is the tiller that I used.  The job tilling was made easy.
Rhubarb is starting to come up.  A sign of spring.
More rhubarb.
Two chicken eggs today.
I found another water braker today.  I produce a softer and finer spray.
Grape plants/vines in greenhouse six.
I can't tell what this is.  It looks like aa weed.
A fruit tree in house six,
Another fruit tree in house six.
Another fruit tree.
This evening the temperature cooled off some.   I shut the doors for the night.
Pomegranate shrub is getting pretty green.   We watched TV until we went to bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment