Followers

Friday, November 24, 2017

The Beginning of Christmas Decorations

After breakfast and some of the chores, it is time to begin the decorations. I was checking things out in house two.  I went back to the house and a truck drove up.  It was Andy and Dusty Bray.  They wanted some Gambel Oak cone-tainers.  We talked some of the 2x4 challenge.  I took him into the house to show him what I made out of a 2x4.  I then showed him some of the other things that I made both in the house and in the garage.

We then went to the church for a viewing of a lady that lived in the ward for a long time.  She has been in Delta in a care center.  We came back home, changed clothes and went to Fillmore.  I wanted to get a couple of fruit boxes for storage.  They didn't have any.  We then made it home and I started to move all of the Christmas decorations that in the bathroom closet.  Below is the nativity.  We have had this for years.  It doesn't take long to take them out of the box, but a longtime to put them back in the box.
 Christmas stockings hanging on some decorative Christmas plates.
 We have had this one since American Fork.  Joseph and Mary are making their way to Bethlehem.  Carol starts moving it on the first of December and moves it down one position each day.  It takes 25 days.
 Several years ago, Carol put this puzzle together.  I all the pieces have the same shape.  We glued it together and have a clear acrylics piece over the top of it.  It sets in the center of our coffee table.
 We have nutcrackers here and nutcracker there and nutcrackers everywhere.  On the edge of the fireplace.
 In front of the TV
On top of the TV
A group of crystal balls, merry-go-round and the cuckoo clock.  The cuckoo clock would not work.  Last year when I put it away, I took out the batteries.  It works now because I put new batteries in.
A lathe would make it much easier to make legs for the stools.  I have a lathe and I pulled it out of the corner of the garage.  The motor that I found, I think, runs the lathe.  Both were really dusty.  I blew the dust away with my blower.
I found a stool that I made when we lived in American Fork.  The seat is made from a large piece of wood that we found in the desert east and north of Eureka.  It fell a part and has been hiding under some of the boards. I found one of the legs at another location.  Somehow, I need to glue back together.


Next week I hope, I will put some shelves on the west wall between the corner and the window.  I moved the many of the boards to expose the corner and to get a better idea of the shelves.  The photo shows the boards that will be on the shelves.  After I get the shelves done, I will leave the car outside and move all the boards and put them where the car was.
With the Christmas decorations up I have a little bit of time to work on the Viking stool.  I made the wedges a couple of days ago.  I trimmed them a little for a better fit.   I made a paste with saw dust and Elmer's glue.  I mixed it in an ice cream tub.   I used the mixture to glue the legs to the seat.  My theory was the saw dust would fill the uneven spaces between the tenon and socket.  I then drove in the wedge until it would not go any further.  I did the same thing for the other two legs.  I then used the paste to fill in some cracks.  The picture is pretty fuzzy.
Andy and Dusty Bray stopped by to get some Gambel Oak cone-tainers.



Comments and questions are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment