Followers

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Tilling and Staining



I worked this morning in the garage.  I sanded the legs for the Viking stool.  I clamped one in the vice and sanded one third of it.  I then turned it a little and clamped it again.  I continues this until it was completely sanded around the leg.  I was able to sand faster by closing the vice a little.  I held the leg over the vice with my left hand and sanded with my right.

I cut a slot in the top of the leg for a wedge.  I then tried to make some wedges out black walnut.  I made a couple of wedges, but they were not the right size.  The photo below shows the vice, leg, and the wedge.
This afternoon Jeff Whatcott tilled the garden.  He was here two hours and ten minutes. He did a nice job.
While he was tilling I sanded two small stools and the pedestal. I used the orbit sander.  I put new sandpaper on it.  I sanded the top, legs, and the bottom.  The pedestal had not legs, I sanded on top and underneath.

I then stained them with a walnut stain.  I had some left over from something I made over a year ago.

This is the pedestal with a Christmas ball on top of it.
There are a lot of song birds in the trees in our back yard.   I fill up the bird feeder quite regularly.



Questions and comments welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment