Followers

Monday, November 27, 2017

Warm First and Wind &Storm Second

Saturday, Robert and Frank were here.  They thinned the plants in three of the raised beds.  Here most of the plants were removed.  A few were transplanted, and bunch of onions were pulled.

 

These don't look like they have been thinned, but they have.

Today, I tried my hand at building some Christmas wreaths.  I cut off branches of yews, pinion pine, ponderosa pine, red dogwood, and arborvitae.  I started to make the wreathes in the house, but I changed to greenhouse three because of the mess I would make in the kitchen.
 I watched a YouTube video that showed me how to do it.  I made the first one and it just didn't hang right.  I watched the video again and found my mistake.  Using a different method of tying the cuttings to the arbor, I made the second one.  It hung really well.  I took the first one apart and rebuilt it.

 Here is where I took it apart.
I drilled a hole between a couple of bricks in the pillars on both sides of the porch.  The wreath on the left pillar.  And the wreath on the right side.
Here are both of them.











With the wreaths finished and cold weather approaching, I moved the tractor for house five to house three.  Earlier this morning I started the compressor, but it was too cold.  I tried again this afternoon and it started right up.  After the tank was full, I pulled the compressor to house five where I put air in the tractor tires.  It start right up.  The bucket was on the tractor so I hauled five buckets full.  to a new garden west of house five. I don't know for sure what to plant there.
Then I drove the tractor to the north door of house three.  I had to cut branches off two different trees to make to the door.  I filled soil on both sides of the threshold in order to drive in.  I moved a few things in house three around to make room for the tractor.


The weather has really cooled.  I turned the water on so pipes would not freeze and the water to ice creation.  We will watch it grow as the freezing weather continues.
The birds were eating the sunflower seeds that fell to the ground.  The feeder was empty and I was going to fill it tomorrow, but did so today.



Comments and questions are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment