Followers

Monday, November 20, 2017

Headway on the Viking Stool



I walked out to house two, started the propagating of jade plant.  There were twenty-four leaves that I pushed 3/4 the way into the soil.  there are four jumbo six packs.  It will probably take four to six weeks to develop roots and new leaves.  That will be some time in January.   I took the picture before I watered them.
I planted the pine nuts a week ago.  I moved them from house two to house three for the winter.  They should be germinating when I warms up in February.
I moved the Dahlia plants out of house five to house two.  It is beginning to freeze and if left outside all winter the would freeze and die.  They are in the large nursery pot.  I put in the tubers and then added the potting soil.


I took a picture of the pole beans and the Arrow Peas.  The beans are have a short shoot and will be ready to climb pretty soon.  The peas have tendrals and I will be making trellis for them.
It is hard to see the mist.  I pounded a seven foot steel pipe into the ground and attached a misting nozzle to the end of hose and then wired the hose to the top of the pipe.  The water is on but the mist is difficult to see.  There is a slight breeze that changes directions  so the mist floats away in different directions.  The hose will be left on through December and January and maybe a little longer depending on the temperature.
The batteries on our wireless phones went dead.  We drove to Fillmore for some groceries.  Carol let me off at Stuart Electic for some batteries.  They didn't have any.  When we got home I hooked up the old dial phone that we have, and it still works.  I ordered a pair of batteries from Amazon.  They should be here Monday.  In the meantime we can get by with the phone pictured below.
One of power lines that connects three outlets don't work.  Our good neighbor and friend, Jim, was here for about and hour.  He tested all the circuits on the one breaker.  The breaker wasn't working right.  It might have corroded some.  Pulling it off and putting it back on must have made a good connection.  It is working now.
All of my clamps are stuck into two large nursery cans.  A YouTube video I watched the other day had all of their clamps hanging on the wall.  I made this rack with a piece of 1/2 plywood and some short square pegs.  I glued the pegs to the plywood without using clamps.  I set for over an hour.  I then used screws driven in through the back in each peg.  The clamps there are new and used most frequently.
The Viking stool is about finished.  It took me over an hour to carve each tenon so they would fit into the socket.  Tomorrow gluing and staining.
We feet the cats each morning and evening.  Each has their face in the pan.  I thought an interesting picture.  Here they are sort of nose to nose.  Sometimes they are head to ear which make a pinwheel.


Comments and questions are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment