Followers

Monday, November 13, 2017

Monday Morning -- Catch Up

I read 1 Nephi 12 and 1 Kings 3

I am trying to build a couple of items made with wood each week.  I decided to make a pedestal for a potted plant.  We have one in the house and I don't know where it came from.  I took the measurements of the one in the house and then out to the garage to start on it.   Last week I made some wooden blocks to make a block puzzle.  They were on my table saw and on the out feed table.  They were in the way for my new project, so I glued them together.  The photo below shows the cube, but it is not put together the right way.  There are twenty-seven cubes.  They are glued together to make a small L, large L, small T, a large T, and two other configuration.
I went out to house one to remove more tomato plants while the glue was curing.  I haven't cut tomato plants for awhile.  The vines were much dryer now that they were the last time.  I worked part way on the two rows on the east side.
I then began making the pedestal. I found an old 2x4 about eight feet long and cut it into pieces from the cutting list that I made.  I was making the base and the pedestal top.  I cut all the 2x4's in half so that I had some like 3/4x4.  I planed them to give all the same thickness.  First, I glued the top together.  I didn't get a phot of the top.  This is the base.
I cut down more tomato plants in house one.  I finished with the two east row.
Carol took a group of ladies from the Butter Milk DUP Camp to Cove Fort.  I mowed the lawn.  There was no grass to cut, but a lot of leaves to pick up.  I took me about an hour.  I dumped the leaves in the melon garden.
Carol wanted me to put the cushions from the outdoor furniture in the garage for the winter.  They were already in plastic garbage bags.  I tied the top of each bag with twine to keep the cushions in and the dust out.  I also blew the leaves off the driveway.
Carol is not back from here DUP meeting at Cove Fort.  I then decided I would finish up the day in House six. Tomato plants in house six are really tangled.  Cutting down the tomato plants in house six is much more difficult than in house one.   However, they were really dry, and broke.  I worked on the row on the right.


Comments and questions welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment