Followers

Friday, November 3, 2017

Removing Dead Tomato Plants House Six


Carol suggested that I remove the to big tubs of purple fountain grass that was on each side steps on the front porch.  I wasn't going to do that because I had a couple of other things to do.  I quickly changed my mind.  I put them on the cart and hauled out to the compost pile.  I took one of them out and through it on the pile.  I couldn't get the other one out.  I then thought that I should cut them down and take them to house two and see if the would come back to life.  There were lot of green stems.
I then went to house six and began to remove the tomato plants.  I started on the south side of the west end.  There were all tangled up.  I pulled one partially out and removed the tomato clips and the counter weight.  Some were large nails and other were smaller type nail.  I continued until elven.

I began raking the leaves that were on the lawn.  Some areas were really thick with leaves and other arears there were not leaves.  I filled the tarp about five times.  I dumped one in the iris garden and two in the corn garden and one in the no till garden.

By now it was time for lunch.  As soon as lunch was over I stated to mow the lawn.  I filled the catcher up about seven times and dumped them in various places in the garden. One place was in the melon garden where I dumped three times.
As soon as I finished the lawn we drove to Fillmore for some groceries.  I got me a ten inch saw blade that had 86 teeth.  On the way home we stopped at the Ice Burg to get an ice cream cone.  We stopped there a couple of weeks ago for ice cream.  I gave her the money and she said that I didn't need to pay.  The same thing happened again today.  I ordered the ice cream and put the money on the counter.  She was already getting the cones.  Another clerk came and I told him that I was being served but he could take the money.  Just the other clerk handed me the ice cream.  I had a cone in each hand.  They handed the money back and put it between my two fingers.  he came out to help me out the door.  So strange.

As soon as we got home I unpacked the saw blade and put it on the saw.  I cut a few pieces of wood and was so surprised at the quality of the cut.  There was no tear out and the cut was so smooth.  I wonder why I didn't get a new blade much earlier.  I have done a bunch of projects that show the blade tear out.  The little blocks are lying against the blade.  The saw is off.
When we got home I went back to work in house six.  The picture below is taken from the east end of house six.
Below.  I have removed a lot of tomato plants. It went quite fast in site of the twine, the clips, and the counter weight.  I think I could get two rows done in about five hours.
I finished removing all the pole beans and the four section of steel pipe.  There are a few posts in the ground that I need to pull up.
The two hog panels wired together were badly bent.  I cut the wires and pulled the east one up on its edge.  I then pulled the west one up on its edge.  The job of straitening up the panels is for another day.



Comments and questions are welcomed.


No comments:

Post a Comment