Followers

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Pine Nuts and Jade Plant


We were home from the Manti Utah Temple early this afternoon.

Yesterday I began working on a pedestal.  Below is the one that is in the house.  I will copy it with a few changes.
I sanded the base and the top.  I used a clamp to hold down one corner.  I then sanded with the belt sander.  Instead of the clamp on the piece being sanded I clamped a small board to the bench top.  The piece will push against the board.  I can change it end for end and put the small piece there without having to re-clamp it.
I glued small wooden pads on the bottom of the base.  Three of them did not match the grain of the wood.  I took them off and glue them back so the grain matched.  Tomorrow I will stain or pain it, if I have time.
We haven't had rain for over a month and the lawns is pretty dry.  We always water the lawn with well water.  I drained the pipes last week.  To water, I hooked the hose to city water in house three.  It has run in two different places on the front lawn.  I turned it way down for the night so it wouldn't freeze.
There is water running at two different places for the hen.  One is in the water dish and the other running in the chicken run.  It getting pretty muddy.  I hooked a short hose to that hose bib and run the water two the west edge.

Last week I bought a pound of pinion pine nuts.  I planted them in the germination trays late afternoon.  I watered them well and will put them in house three in a couple of weeks.
A couple of weeks ago Carol's plant,  Crassula ovata, commonly known as jade plant tipped over into the sink.  Two branches broke off,  I cut off the leaves and will let the scab up some and put them in pots in a week or so.   There were twenty-three stems.



Comments and questions welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment