Followers

Monday, November 6, 2017

Yesterday and Today


Yesterday, being Sunday I did not work at the nursery.  I did get this picture of house six.   This is looking west toward the back door.  Robert was here Saturday and removed all the tomato plants on the south side.  There cucumbers and egg plants yet to remove.  The tomato plants are stacked out side of the back door.  He removed the tomato clips, twine and the counter weights.
 This morning It was too cold fro the compressor to start.  I got the heat lamp used for brooding chicken and hung it on a tripod above the compressor.  I turned the lamp on and checked back about 11:30.  It was pretty warm and the lamp melted some of a little of the plastic hood.  I turned the compressor on and it soon filled up with air.
At the iris garden I cut down all of the elm trees.  They were small.  I getting ready to have the garden tilled.  I was going to use the weed whip to cut down all of the weeds and grass.  That is for another day.

We drove to Fillmore for a few groceries.

I started one project before lunch that I planned to do today.  I made another step stool.  I made it out of one unused 2x4x8,  I cut the legs and rails from it.  The top is made from boards from a pallet.  I struggled with a few things.  Staining will probably be next week.
I gathered up all of the topaz melons and tomato plants getting ready for tilling.
I hooked the compressor up to the sprinkling pipes.  Before I could do this I let the air out.  I hooked it to the hose that went outside of house three to the irrigation pipes.  I turned the compressor on.  It took awhile to come up to pressure.  I opened several taps to let the water out.

I walked to the well to turned the power off.  The wind blew a small tree over on top of the pressure tank.  No damage.
One tap was buried deep into the rose bushes on the west side of our yard.  I had to cut through the rose bushes to get the ball valve.



Comments and questions welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment