Followers

Thursday, November 16, 2017

To Provo and Back in Less Than Five Hours

We had planned on driving to Provo yesterday, but Carol did not feel well.  This morning a little after eight we drove to Provo.  We stopped at Walmart and then at Sam's Club.  We got a few things to eat and the rest were cat food and soaps, etc.   We stopped at the Red Barn for ice cream.   We were home at 12:30.

Last Thursday we were in North Las Vegas where we picked lemons at Anne and Fred's backyard.  As soon as we got home we began to juice the lemons.  it took over and hour to do that.  There was a good three quarts of lemon juice.  Below is a peak into the fridge.
 There is an old board, 2x4 about seven feet long.  I brought it into the garage and pulled out some of the nails.  I don't know where it came from, but from the picture one can see that is old.  On Pinterest I found a three legged stool called a Viking Stool.  I am going to make one from the old board.  I cut five pieces sixteen inches long.  I then ripped off bad edges.  I glued them together for the seat..  In the morning I will begin to shape it.  I also removed the clamps late this evening.
While the glue is setting, I started the weed whip and cut down the weeds in the iris garden.  Hope to have it tilled next week.
Carol put some of the lemon juice into freezer trays.  Late this evening she removed the lemon cubes and put them in a zip bag.  Then she filled the two trays again.  They are in the freezer and will be removed in the morning.  There is not enough room in the freezer for all of the trays.  That's why it is done two trays at a time.



Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment