Followers

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Las Vegas Day One



As soon as it was getting light, we had breakfast and then I began to get things ready for our trip to Las Vegas.  I emptied the totes.  There were five totes plus one that was full of tomatoes and peppers.  I picked the tomatoes and peppers yesterday.

I checked on the lone hen and let her out.  The water pipe and water were frozen.  My first thought was that I blew out the lines yesterday and forgot to blow the one that watered our chickens.  Then I remembered that I had turned off the pump.  I then turned on the city water.  I adjusted it to a trickle.  That solved the water problem for the chickens.

I then went out to the greenhouses to see how things were.  House two was warm indicating that the furnace was working. I watered everything in house two.  The water pipe in house three was not froze but the hose was. 

I drug the hose and watered in house three.  It didn't reach in very far but I was able to reach all of the tubes with the hose bib turned on all the way.  Then watered those plants in the isle.

It was different in house five.  The both the pipe and hose was frozen.  I filled a five gallon with about two gallons of hot water from the house.  Then back to house five where I slowly poured the hot water on the pipe and hose bib.  With a channel lock plyers, I removed the hose.  I continued pouring the water and finally the water began to flow.  The pipe did not break.

Soon after that Miles and Nyleen came.  We loaded the suite case and totes in the back of Mile's car.  We were on our way to Las Vegas.  We stopped a the rest stop on the way.  The weather was cool, but not to bad.  Carol and Nyleen are pictured below.
We stopped at the new Cedar City Temple which is open to the public prier to the dedication.  We walked through or past all the rooms. Carol and I rode up and then down the elevators.  The baptistery was impressive as well as the celestial room.  The tour lasted about one and a half hours.    It was crowded, but a beautiful temple. 


We drove on to St George where we traveled all over the city looking submarine sandwich shop where we could eat.  The Google search led us to a place that was empty.  We picked another one and quickly found it.  We ordered a flat bread sandwich and cut it in half.  Nyleen, Miles and Carol are in the photo.
Next we went to the Hyatt Place.  Nyleen daughter Debby, a travel agent, booked it for us.  We followed the directions on Google search.  Miles and I went in to get registered.  We are on the third floor with a bed, fridge, big screen TV and internet hook up to my laptop.
We stopped at the St George Temple.  I took the picture below. Miles, Nyleen, and Carol are in the photo below in front of the temple.  We then went into the visitor center.  The missionary there was related to Venez Johnson.  We watched to movies about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.  They were well done and inspiring.
Flowering kale, flowering cabbage, pansies, and snapdragons add beauty to the grounds.
It was dark when we got out of the visitor center.  We drove around the city looking for a place to eat,  We ended up at the Chuck-o-Rama where I ate quite a bunch of food.

 Comments and questions welcomed.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment