Followers

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Cleaned the Kitchen Window



After breakfast, Carol asked me to wash some of the glass in the kitchen window.  I have learned that it is best to comply with her request, instead of putting it off.  I washed the two bottom panes and then washed them from the outside.  I removed everything from the window sill.  Dead millers were all over the sill.  There were dead spiders and dead wasps.  I vacuumed up the bugs and the dust.  With a damp rag I cleaned most of the dirt.

The items in the window were very dusty.  I dusted them off with a damp rag.  As I did that I put them back in the window.  There were a couple of things that I threw away.  The black tube from the vacuum is in the bottom corner on the left.  That took me a couple of hours.
 I continued work on the pedestal.  I made four braces to help hold the pedestal up right.  I needed my jig saw to round of the top of the braces.  A short in the in the jig saw cord tripped the breakers in the switch box.   It took me quite awhile to get it repaired.  The cord is about six inches shorter.  I had to replace the blade and was quite a challenge.   The wood was over an inch thick, and the saw would not cut it through it.  I moved over two the table saw and quickly made the rounded top.
The bird feeder was nearly empty.  The peanuts blocked the bottom feeders.  I dumped the bird feeder and removed all the peanuts an put them on the dish or the bottom of the feeder.  Two of our cats were eating the peanuts.  I thought this to be strange,
I then filled the bird feeder and hung it in the tree.  It doesn't take long for the birds to find it.  Often the cats are laying under the bird feeder.

The photo below shows the pedestal and two of the side braces.   It is not glued to the base at the point.  The braces are glued to the pedestal.  The top is sitting to the right.
I wanted to round the edges on the base and the top.  I haven't used the router for a long time.  I could not get the bit out.  I took the black top off.  Still I couldn't get the bit out.  After loosening and tightening the chuck if that is what it is called.  I used a punch to remove it.  I put it back together and put another bit in.  I rounded part of one of the edges and it looked terrible.  I found another bit and it worked ok.  There was one edge on the base and an edge on the top that looked pretty bad.  On the table saw I cut a little bit of each.  I routed again and now it looks good.
I sanded the base and the tops and the braces and the pedestal.  It is now ready for staining and finish.




Comments and questions are welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment