Followers

Friday, November 10, 2017

Las Vegus Day Three



Last day in St. George.  We were up at 6:45.  I showered, read two chapters from the Book of Mormon, and then went down to the workout room.  I wanted to get on the treadmill, but there were two young people on it running at a high rate of speed.  The looked like they might have been together.  There was another person lifting hand weights.  I left and went back to the room.

It was about 7:30 when we went down for breakfast.  We got plates and filled them with different breakfast items.  We went to a table.  Miles and Nyleen came and set with us.  I went back several times for more food.

Miles and Nyleen took us to the church where the viewing of Karl Larsen was being held.  He is the wife of my cousin, Evelynn.  We were there for about forty-five minutes.  Some of my cousins and siblings were there.  Some I haven't seen for years.  Howard and Gordon Johnson, brothers were there in wheel chairs.

We stopped at the  Kolob National Park twenty miles south of Cedar City.  Miles went into the visitor center with his National Park pass.  We did not have to pay.  We drove to the top of the park making several stops going up.  There are a lot of red rocks and other colors.  The photos do not come close to the actual majesty, brightness, and colors.  Following are pictures of parts of the park.  These all have names and I don't remember them.


There were lots of ponderosa pine trees along the upper part of the drive.  These were located at our first stop.

At the end of the road I was going to take a picture of  Carol, Miles, and Nyleen.  I lined them up and was ready to get the picture when I was interrupted by two young BYU students.  One offered to take the picture.  Miles and Nyleen and Carol and me.
We drove onto Cedar City.  It was past time for lunch.  Deciding where to eat with a small group of people has always been a challenge.  No one wants to commit to a place to eat.  We came to a gas station that contained a Subway and Chinese food.  We decided to eat there.  We stopped at a Subway in St. George, and that is where Miles and Nyleen wanted to eat.  At first I thought that I would have the Chinese food.  I changed my mind.  I forgot a photo of us eating, but took the follow picture after everyone left.
When we got to Beaver, we stopped for ice cream at the cheese plant.  There were a lot of people.  The parking lot was filled with cars and inside the store was filled with customers.  On the door there was a big sign that said: STOMP THE WILD CATS.   My first impression was there many feral cats hanging around the cheese plant trying to get something to eat.  Further examination gave a much different meaning.  Beaver High School had beat Delta High School the week before in the quarter finals and next week they were going to play football with the "Wild Cats."  Whoever they are.  We went in and got some cheese and ice cream cones.  There was an older couple there in Sunday clothes.  We visited with them while waiting for our turn at the ice cream bar. They had just returned from a funeral and had also been ordnance workers at the St George temple.  We ate most of our ice cream setting on a bench by the door.
I took this photo because of the small stool.  I thought that I might design something similar as I have made some stools.


On the way home we stopped at the Maverick  in Fillmore to get gas.  I paid for the gas. They had the cheapest gas that we have seen in our trip.

When we got home, Miles gave me a haircut.  I vacuumed the kitchen floor to remove the hair.

I walked out to the greenhouses to determine conditions there since we have been gone for two days.  The last planting that I did is doing well.  I planted them last week, Wednesday.



No comments:

Post a Comment