Followers

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Dermatologist

I wanted to get some of the garden ready for tomato plants today.  I got the weed barrier out and then selected the place in the garden to place it.  There will be some photos later.

I sprayed one tank of Round-up on the weeds that I missed with the lawnmower tank.

I drove to Fillmore where I had an appointment with a dermatologist to take a look at the pre-cancer scabby things on my face.  Most of it is one the left side.
I bought a few things at Roper's then I came home.  One was the Miracle Grow potting soil.   In the meantime Carol was finishing up on the heart monitoring thing.  She started yesterday while we were in Provo at 11:30 a.m. and finished today at 11:30 a.m.  When I got home we put all the materials (batteries, cords, and shipping envelop) together in the black container.  We drove to the south end of Fillmore where the FedEx drop box was located.  We received a little help from the person at the station.  We then came home and had lunch.
I received some strawberry plants that I ordered about ten days ago.  I ordered one set which contained twenty-five plants.  I put them in a bucket of water to get them ready for transplanting.  I filled six baskets with some used potting soil.  I then wetted them down.
I finished fill the baskets with the Miracle Grow potting soil.  I put four plants in each basket.  The last basket had only three plants.  There should be two left over, but I was short two. I watered them well and they are on an outside bench.  I hope to sale them for $25 each.  The plants cost $25 and I all ready had the pots.
The above photo is of a small cucumber.  There needs to be a male flower, but there aren't and yet.
I got the weed barrier down.  I used the tiller to loosen the soil.  Once going down and another coming back.  I shoveled out an irrigation row and used spikes to hold the weed barrier down.  The tomatoes will be planted in the center of the row.  Last year there were iris and strawberries in this spot.
I put a washer on each spike and pounded them into the ground.
The north edge of the weed barrier is next to the peonies.  East and west of the peonies will be planted to melons and watermelons.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment