Followers

Monday, April 2, 2018

A Lot of Things Today.

It was a strange morning this morning. We drove to the hospital in Fillmore so Carol good receive another treatment.  As we left the freeway we saw the ambulance heading south on I-15.  As we left the freeway, we drove to the hospital.   I let Carol out and she walked into the hospital as I parked the car.  Some men were working on the east side of the hospital.

I walked into the hospital and Carol was already in room one. We waited for a while and discovered that all the doctors and nurses we're busy with accident victims. We waited for nearly an hour and a half. Finally one of the nurses came in and  started the IV.  In 30 minutes Carol  was done. As I went out to get the car  I watched some construction working. I talked to a man about the construction. There was another man cutting chip board.  As I walked watching him work, I stumbled over a barricade and went down to my hands and  knees. I was okay. We got into the car and drove home.  We had a late breakfast.

 This is a picture an apricot branch full of blossoms.  They are likely to freeze tonight.
One of the sweet potatoes has really shot up.  It seems like that happened in less than a week.
I cut it off and put the stem in a new bottle of fresh water.  It should be growing roots in about ten days.
The large pile of ice has nearly disappeared.  There is a little arch where the garden hose was laying.
 This is last years crop of Gambel Oak, Quercus gambelii, there are forty-six cone-tainers.  There are were more last fall, but some have been sold.
 Some of the dahlia plants that I dug up last fall have started to grow.  I started to remove the potting soil, but that was not to easy.
I carried the tub of dahlia tubers out to the end of the driveway.  I dumped out some of the soil
 and picked out some dahlia tubers and planted them.   Most were healthy, with at least one eye.
I dumped the rest on the driveway.  There are a lot of them.  I cut some apart and for some of the others I dug deep holes and planted the whole cluster of tubers as dug up last fall.
There is a small pile of broken tubers that had no eyes.  These went to the compost pile.  I planted most of the single one and those I cut away are in the garage for a couple of day until the cut surface is scabbed over.
 
I turned city water down the sprinkler pipes that go from one end of our yard to the other end.  Last fall I drained the pipes and left hose bibs open.  I had to turn them off.  A small tree died and fell across the part of the well, which made it difficult get to the well.
 I started up the chain saw and cut off branches and cut the small dead tree into small pieces.
 There are two larger trees that need to be cut down and when the wind is blowing from the east.
 There is purple bird poop on the edge of the patio.  Strange, I don't know of any purple fruit that is available to birds at this time of the year.  Blue Berries??
A Couple of days ago, I cut some forsythia branches that were budded heavy.  There are also some red twig dogwood, and pink ,,,,,,,,


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment