Followers

Friday, April 20, 2018

Lot of Odd Jobs

There are several trays in house three that should have been transplanted last spring.  I didn't get around to it.  I went to work on some of them.
The above photo is Shepherdia argentea, or Silver Buffaloberry.  They were seedlings three years ago.  their roots had grown together and there was no way I could separated them.  I ended up with clumps. There were about fifteen #1 pots.  Some on the edge came apart as singles.
 
Last October I planted a pound of pinion pine nuts.  They did not germinate to well. there was about 31 of them.  I filled the cone-tainers yesterday and got them good and wet. I made a hole in the tube with my pencil.  The roots were too long to fit in the tube.  I shortened them to make them fit in the tube.
Above are some that are over one year old.  I put these into a #1 pot.

There was an old tray that had some Banana Yucca, Yucca baccata.  I ended up with five yuccas.
The plants in the above picture turned out to be a surprise.   ................................................

This photo of Monroe Globe Mallow is full of weedy grass. I pulled them out.  The were two pots of Indian Rice Grass.

These are plants had tall dead stems that I cut off.

This is a Rudbeckia that survived the winter in this six pack.  A plant in one cell was dead.
Here I cleaned up the rudbeckia and put them in a larger pot.  I will keep and eye on this hardy perennial.
The Desert Four O' Clock is pictured above.  Germination hasn't been good this year.



k
Comments and questions are welcome.    



No comments:

Post a Comment