Followers

Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday 13

Work today went quite well in spite of it being Friday 13th.
Last fall I sprayed all the irises.  I covered the peonies with large nursery cans and sprayed between the peonies. I sprayed again after the grass was growing and before the peonies started their growth.    The above pictures shows five peonies with the wire cage to keep them upright.
A close up of one of the peonies.
A groups of purple lettuce.  I remove most of the weeds by pulling and hoeing.  Most was done while I was on my knees.
I removed the twine that defined the rows.  It was in the way of pulling weeds.
 I planted three different Wave petunias.  Some of the see was quite old.  We will see how it growes.
 These are the empty packages of some other seeds that I planted.
 I found this large snail in a germination tray on the heating pads.  There shouldn't be any slugs or snails there.  How it got there I do not know.  I broke the shell and gave it to the chickens.  They haven't learned to like them.
 The onions plants came today.  They are the best that I have ever gotten from Dixon Dell Farms.
I made me a salad for lunch.  It has our lettuce, frozen peas from last year, and some radishes from house two.  There are a few other things from the market.
I really had a time with the tiller.  I turned on the ignition switch, set the choke in place, and pulled the crank rope.  The motor started and the exhaust was black smoke.  It puttered for awhile and stopped.  I did it several times and the same results.  I took the spark plug out and cleaned it.  Same thing.  I removed and cleaned the air filter.  It was quite dirty.  Same results; black smoke.  I called Robert and he told me that I needed to release the choke.  I did that and that fixed it.  I put what little gas I had in the gas tank,
 I strung a piece of twine so I could till a straight row.  I tilled going west and turned around and tilled back going west.
The peas seeds Green Arrow.  We have used those for the last three or four years.  The are really good producers.  They are soaking in water and most likely will be planted tomorrow evening.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment