Followers

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Treatments Agin Today

This morning we went to the hospital to have another infusion. We were there around 7:30. We waited in room one but no one came. The one of nurses did not tell the other nurse that we were here. We waited for about 45 minutes. One of the doctors, Dr. Bassett looked in our room. We told him that we had been waiting for nearly and hour.  He then went to the nurses station and told them that we were here.

The nurse, a man, and a good nurse started the procedure. The IV medication began to leak. He turned it off and removed the old needle and stuff in her arm. Carol has had so many needles poked into her arms that he had to find a new place. He found a place on the back of her left arm. He poked around trying to get a good vein. As I watch that I was getting all sweaty. I left the room and walked around in the foyer. I then went into the room and I had to leave again. The second time I went back he had got a good vein and it attached the anti-biotic.

We then waited for about 30 minutes for the procedure to be completed. She was released and we walk together out to the car.

We drove home and had our breakfast or it should be called our brunch because it was nearly ten.

After breakfast, I push chipper shredder to the backyard. I got the engine started and began started shredding broken branches. It did not work very well. I had to push the into the shredder. It quit working. I turned off the engine and to decide how to fix it.

I got an eighteen quart tote for my tools.  Freckles, our cat, jumped right in and made himself right at home.

Some of the bolts used to hold the lever which tightens the belts had come loose. I could not lift the lever to engage the engine to the chipper. I removed the guard cover exposing the belts. I thought that one of the Bells had slipped off the pulley. That was not the case, there was nothing blocking the belts.

Then went into the house and watched some YouTube videos to see if I could get any help. They helped a little bit. I went back out to the lawn and gave it some more thought. For some reason I lifted up the engine. Doing that released the pressure on the belts and I was able to securely tightened the nuts. I then put the belt cover back on.

I cut some the branches into smaller which would make it easier to push through the shredder. One of the branches was too thick and hard to shred. This machine is design to shred branches up to 3 inches in diameter. The Big Branch that I started to shred was too hard and thickness may have been okay.

I walked out to the southeast corner all of our yard to get some big branches that I cut yesterday. These were branches from cottonwood tree. None of them we're over 3 in diameter. I took them back to the shredder and pruned of some of the side branches  They went through the shredder without difficulty.

Lisa, Chase, and Emi stopped on their way to St George for a brief vacation.  We had a nice visit. 

Alisha called and wanted to plant some seeds that she bought. One was pampas grass. She did not know the name of the other two. We planted some of the other seats.

We drove to Fillmore where Carol was scheduled for MRI.  She checked in while I parked the car.  We waited for about 45 minutes. She went to the MRI machine which was in a big truck.  It took about ninety minuets to completed.  I dictated most of the above text while I was waiting.  

When she was finished we moved to room one where she received the last anti-biotic treatment, we hope.

When we got home we had supper and spent the rest of the evening watching tv.  Carol received a number of phone calls.


Comments and questions are welcome.  



No comments:

Post a Comment