Followers

Monday, April 30, 2018

Moving the Log

I woke up in the middle of the night hearing the rain that ran off the roof.  It was still raining when I got up. And rained off and on until about noon.
I have picked some asparagus almost everyday.  I picked a few asparagus spears late this morning.
Jim Larson stopped by this morning to look at some of the logs that I have.  He would saw them into lumber.  He would like to drive in with his skid stear, but there is not an easy way in.  The photo above is a log that we cut down several weeks ago.  It is about seven feet long and has a diameter of about fourteen inches.
This afternoon I watered in house two.  The tomato plants are getting pretty large.  I pruned of the branches.  I put those that are long into a labeled plastic quart bottle.  They should root in two weeks.
 Here is a close-up of three.
The cucumbers are doing extremely well.  The one in the above picture is the first one and his close to the ground.  It is starting to curl.
I put some tomato clamps to hold them up.  The white objects are hooked to the string and circle the cucumber stem.
Peas were soaked in water and planted several weeks ago.  They are doing well.  It would have better if it were a month ago.  The rain last night really helped.

The two pictures are the tree spade.  I hope to put it up for sale.
The Fremont Barberry is blooming now.  The flower have a sweet aroma.  And the fruit in the fall is very sweet.  It looks like a good crop.

Alisha and her twelve year old neighbor visited the nursery.  She wanted some Honey Suckle plant.  I dug up three and they came back for seven more. I finished today around 7:30.

Carol did not fill well  all day.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment