Followers

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Onions Planted

I took a lot of pictures of the lettuce growing in house six.  It was pretty dusty there.  I washed the dust off the lettuce.
 
 
 
 
 
All the above lettuce photos are from house six.
I made a baloney sandwich using the lettuce from house six.  doesn't look that good, but really tested good.
A Skunk bush and a choke cherry tree is going on the east side and the south end of house one.  I have been cleaning the east side and now to get rid of the tree and the shrub.  I dug around them with a shovel and a small garden trowel.
Here I have exposed one of the roots.  It is white.  I cut it off and dug more.
With a cup of water I washed the cut surfaces to be ready for the treatment with Round-up.
This picture shows the stumps after a treated them with Round-up.  I used a small sponge brush to apply Round-up.
This rose is growing west of the garage.  I cut all of the stems and treated them with Round-up.
The same with this rose by the asparagus.

I planted four different onion varieties.  First Candy Apple, then Copra, then Red Candy Apple, and then White star.
I made this tool out of a small piece of 1x4x10 wood.  I was going have some precise planting three onions in each in each row four inches apart.  The white PVC pipe is used to make the holes.  It didn't work very well.  I ended up guessing the distance.  I laid an onion down on the freshly tilled soil and pushed the roots into the soil with my for finger.  That worked quite well and was pretty fast. 

I did some pruning in house one and roses and some trees east of the house.  I shredded them with the shredder.  Some went through okay.  Others I had to push through.  Several time the discharge shoot plugged up.  I had to lay the shredder down to remove chips in the cutters. I put a large poplar piece in and it killed the engine.  I pulled it out and restarted the engine.  This happened several time before it was all chipped.I
I laid down the tarp to catch the chips.  It made a nice pile.


Comments and questions are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment