Followers

Friday, April 27, 2018

Zinnias, Customer, and Weeds


I got one row ready to plant. I put down pink tape every 18 inches and held them down with a nail.  A tomato plant is placed at each marker.  There are five plants between each post.  I secured the post with a piece of conduit and tie wire.
The posts were not plumb.  I wired a wedge to help hold it plum.
I planted some County Fair Zinnias a couple of weeks ago and transplanted them in to on tray of Jumbo six packs. And another tray of six pack of slim Jims.
 Fremont barberries are new in the above tray.  The old ones are Round leaf Buffaloberry. 
The flowers from an Oak tree in our yard.
Flowers from the Big Tooth maple in our yard.  I little hard to see.  
The early spring look of Stansbury rock daisy, Perityle stansburyi.
How it looks after I cut off all the dead stems.
The above picture and the two below is of the weeding I done on the north native plant garden.


I don't know the name of this plant there are two specimens side by side.  It is a milkweed that bleeds when it is cut.  The milk weed is another one that has to be dug out by the root, if not the weed will grow back.  The seeds blow in the wind.
I dug this type of milk weed up by the roots.  This is about the only war to kill it.
Dug up weeds in the south garden.  There are still a lot more to go.
A Fern Leaf Peonie  which is in full bloom.  Quite a history with this plant.  Got a start from a neighbor, planted it in my yard in American Fork, brought it with us when we moved to Holden, and moved it once to the present location in our backyard.


Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment