Followers

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Treatment is Over

Many of the photos below were taken before we went to Fillmore for Carol's doctor's appointment.  He removed the IV needle.  She won't need that anymore.  She is happy about that.  While in Fillmore I registered the truck for another year.
I planted a small tomato plant here a couple of night ago.  I had the furnace on all nigh, but shut it off at seven in the morning.
The above photo is the mostly decomposed animal that I pulled out of the irrigation pipe.  #1 is the head.  #2 is the tail, but there wasn't one.  #3 are the feet.  At first I thought it was a duck, but when I saw the teeth, I knew that it was not a duck.
This is a close-up of the upper part of the body and the head.  The neck seems to be quite long.
On the left is the tail or rump.
The above photo shows some feet near the top just left of center.
I took this picture while Carol was waiting to see Doctor Grosse.  It will be the Physical Therapy building which should be ready this fall.  The Physical Therapy is now in the basement of the hospital. 
Last night I noticed a little irrigation water running into the yard west of house five.  This morning there was more water running.  I have a "T" in the pipe that goes west along the fence south of our yard.  There was a pile of water coming out and running down the south side of the fence.  It then run back into our yard at the south west corner.  I remove the upright pipe and could see there was something stuck.  I had my boots on.  I grabbed something and pulled, and finally it came out.  I had some animal by the neck.
I moved some pipe into place to direct the water down east of our house.
I have a water tank in the south-west corner of the yard. I was full of water late last fall. I never emptied it.  The pipes froze and broke.  I will replace that with some improvements.
The above pipe is what I removed from the tank.  The pipe broke right of the gate valve.  I will do some major improvements to this in a week of so.
There are a couple of tall poplar trees by the east fence that i want to cut down.  I cut away all of the low sucker branches that I cut away.  I planed to have the smaller tree fall to the south west.  I made a large notch on the south-west side and made it hinge.  I cut the north-east side.  I stead of going south, fell to the north.  It knocked me over.  I came close to having a large tree fall on me.
I removed a lot of the branches and was able to pull them off the neighbors fence.
The joint on the pipe was pushed off when it froze a couple of nights ago.  I re-glued it and now holds fine.  Pretty daffodils.
The Hackberry tree was hanging over the fence into the neighbors yard.  I cut off two branches a couple years ago.  With the chain saw I cut the bigger part of the branch.  I then was able to pull one of the fence.  The other one was more difficult.  I cut off more and then was able to get it on my side of the fence.
I have sprayed weeds with the lawnmower as far as I can drive the lawn mower around.  I put new straps on the back pack sprayer.  It was hard to attach the straps to the sprayer.  I tied them on the bottom and tried several other ways on the top.  I was able to wrap them several times and got one load out.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment