Followers

Monday, April 9, 2018

Fell the Trees

We, Richard Darnell and me, began the project of cutting down the dead trees south of the shade house.  While he was bring over his chains and tools, I carried tree branches that I cut down last week.
This is how it looked before we got started.  The first tree cut down is the dark one in the middle of the above picture.  Richard put and extension ladder against that tree, and tied around the tree as high as he could each standing as far up the ladder that was safe.  A come along was tied to a tree in the direction that we wanted the tree to fall.  A bunch of chains hooked the tree chain the come along.
 Here Richard is connecting the chain to the tree chain.  The come along pulled the chain tight so there was no way that the tree could fall backwards and crush Mary's fence and shed.
Richard is cleaning was all the broken branches away from the tree that is being cut down.
 Richard is cutting out a wedge on the front of the tree.  It took quite a while to get it cut out.
 He is still working on removing the wedge.  When he finished with the wedge he cut in back of the tree parallel to the wedge.  The tree fell in the right direction.  I wanted to get a video of it, but I couldn't get the camera phone to work.
He cut down three more trees. Two smaller ones and the last one was larger than the first.  There is a lot of firewood out there.

This afternoon I transplanted eight pinion pines into quart pots.

I got the compressor working by disconnecting the wires from the breaker and holding them together with a theme clip.  I turned the compressor on and it filled the tank with air.  I was then able to fill the lawnmower tires.

Last I mowed the lawn.  The lawn mower was not working to well last week.  It started right up. I mowed a little and then it acted like it was running out of gas.  I put a couple of gallons in the tank and began mowing.  The engine acted like it was not sparking properly.  I did get the mowed.

Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment