Followers

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Home All Day

No hospital or doctor visits today.  We were home all the time except for a trip to the post office.

Above are the Bristle Cone Pine,  Pinus longaeva, seedlings.  I put sixteen in the quart container and thirteen in gallon containers.
 The gallons are here in front.
I let out the chickens.  They were free to run around in the chicken run.  But last night the were able to get under the fence and wander around east of the hen house.  
 I pulled radishes and cut some lettuce and made a salad for lunch.  I added raisons, pickled beets, hard boiled egg, one diced tomato,  and sunflower seeds.  It was pretty good.  I forgot the peas.
I sprayed weeds in different places in the yard.  The yellow strap keeps slipping loose.  I tied it into a knot to keep it tight.
Here I am mixing water into a cup of round-up in the four gallon sprayer.   The two pictures below are spots a sprayed on the south side of our yard.

Lisa, Chase, and Emi stopped for a short visit on their way home.  They have been in Washington county the last couple of days.  Lisa and Eric are such good parents and they have such good kids.
I worked several hours preparing the south side of house six to make room for a white wash pump and room for my lawnmower.  I can spray the weeds that are in that side of the greenhouse.
There were some old germination trays that have been there for years.  I dumped the trays and stacked them ready for the dumpster.
The bench on the east end of house six is also gone.  I took it apart.  I haven't had plants on it for several years, and it also was broken.
 The above photo shows a pretty clear area that has room for the lawnmower.
The last thing at the nursery today is a little work in house six.  I started to remove the tomato clips from the second row on the left.  I have about 70 tomato plants that are big enough to plant in house six.  Probable next week.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment