Followers

Friday, April 6, 2018

Work in House Six

I believe I got a lot done today.  At times it was pretty hot in the greenhouses.  There was a lot of plant material left on the floor of house two.  I cleaned that up.
 I planted these curl leaf parsley the tenth of February.  They were very easy to pull out of the foam tray.  I transplanted them to a jumbo six pack.
 During the night a idea of a simple shelf came to me.  I put it together in less than an hour. I used two four foot weathered  boards. There are four braces under the shelf.  A 2x2 board was screwed to the back edge of the shelf.  This piece was screwed to the wall through pre-drilled holes.  I think that I might make another shell below this one.
 I had a coustomer just before lunch.  I asked them if I could get a picture.  They agreed.  They saw some blue flax and wanted some.  They saw other things and wanted them.  They didn't have any cash or a check book with them, and I don't do credit cards any more.  I said that I take promises.   They ended up getting $80 worth of native plants.  They live in Payson.
 I made this little device to hold some twine that was laying around in house six.  It didn't take long and will be easy to unwind when needed.
 I took off the tomato clamps on dead and dried tomato plants.  The clamps went into a bucket and the stems in the middle isle.
 This photo the end of this job.  I pushed all of the dry plants out the door, using a rake and a pitchfork.  Next I used a Harbor Freight blow and blew out all the dirt and rocks in the pathway.  I turned on the fans to keep the dust moving out.  Using the blower was a major mistake as noted in the photo below.
 The lettuce plants were covered with dirt and some small pebbles.  I tried to blew them off, but that seemed somewhat stressful to the plants.  I then washed the with a gentle spray.  That left mud in the center of each plant as the above photo shows.
I began a major clean up in house six.  Above is row four which is about half way through the greenhouse.    Next week I hope to plant  a bunch of tomato plants.  


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment