Followers

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Irrigating

Started the morning irrigating.  I get the water from the main ditch east of the highway or main street. it come down the slight hillside and then under the road to my ditch.  There is a screen that I change fairly often, especially during the morning hours.  I don't check much in the afternoon.
The above screen is the first one which gets most of the trash that comes down the ditch.
The second screen is in front of a five inch pipe that gets anything that is missed by the upstream screen.
The above picture west of our drive way and waters part of the west lawn.  There are other pipes that water the lawn west of the garage'
This picture is the lawn north of the east bedroom.  I dug the grass away from the curbing a couple of weeks ago.  The water runs along it and irrigates the lawn which was difficult to water.
I found this curved PVC conduit the really fits the this part of the lawn west of house five.
 Same pipe as above, but looking towards house five/
The picture above as well as the one below are of the south lawn.  By the time I am finished irrigating I am really tired.  I have water running in three or four different place and I have to walk checking each area.
I took a break from irrigating and cut down the weeds in the dry garden north of our house.  
Most of the weeds cheat grass and foxtail.  It looks much better now.  Most of the weed seeds are dry.



 I worked in house six off and on hanging tomato plants and making Toma Hooks.   I needed the small stepladder to reach the overhead wires.  The dowels that were stuck in the legs were loose and fell out while moving the stepladder.






Comments and questions are welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment