Followers

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Hanging Cucumbers - Digging Weeds


The cushions for the patio furniture have been in the garage all winter.  I blew off the leaves and junk from the patio and brought out the cushions.  We haven't spent much time on the patio.

I worked in house one and six much of the day.  I hung all of the cucumber plants.  I cut off the branching and on one I cut the main stem thinking that it was a branch.  It had a real nice cucumber that I picked and wrapped with Saran Wrap and put it in the fridge.   The above picture is in house six and the one above it is house one.
I was recycling the twine by wrapping it on the  Toma Hooks. Twine with their weights were in a tangle mess.  I would get two or three short strings and tie them together for one long string.  Then I wrap them on the Toma-Hook.    I need a whole lot more for house six.
 This is Salvia pachyphylla with the wild rice growing in ti.
 Here is a closer look at a few stems of wild rye and Salvia pachyphylla.
This picture is after most of the wild rye has been removed.  It took quite a while to do this one.
We planted onions here last spring.  They were not worth harvesting.  Today they are almost ready to bloom.
A couple of years ago I planted a black walnut here.  I don't remember seeing it here las year but looks pretty good.  It is about twelve inches tall.  I gave it a good watering.
This a current bush that I planted here nearly ten years ago.  I see it each year.  It is really thorny.
The above plant, Skunk Bush, Rhus trilobata, is growing on the fence line has good color fruit and very pretty.  


Comments and questions are welcome.










No comments:

Post a Comment