Followers

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Cutting and rooting Tomato Branches

This morning Carol started watering the garden.   I finished by watering the rest of the garden.  The peas need to be watched constantly.
I picked strawberries and dug up weeds, mostly wild lettuce.  I would weed a little and then walk over to check the water going down the row of peas.  The back to weeding, etc.  I should have picked strawberries a couple of days ago.  There were a lot that were over ripe and spoiled by insects.
Later in the morning I pruned the tomato branches and stuck them in small water buckets.  I got about 110 cutting.  Over fifty in one bucket and over thirty in two smaller buckets.  The should have roots in about ten days.

I drained the lawnmower oil.  Next I moved all the garden hose off the lawn.  Went back to the mower and added a quart of oil.  I turned on the starter key and the engine started for just a moment and went off.  I cranked and cranked and it still wouldn't start.  Not getting gas.  Finally checked the gas tank.  No gas.  The was gas in the garage and I put it in the lawnmower tank.  It started right up off I went mowing.

I mowed all the edges of the lawn and when I was west of the garage I mowed up a new garden hose.  Seconds after them mower blades were making a lowed noise as if I had hit a rock.  I turned of the mower and raised the deck.  The nut that held the blade in the right position was loose and the two blades were hitting each other.  The shoot from the deck did not line up with the blower.  I worked and worked trying to fix it.  With a 2x4 I raised up the wheels and slid blocks under each wheel.  I was able to get the shoot and blower fan lined up.  Cleared every thing away and finished mowing the lawn.  The grass catcher is not very tight and I had dust blowing all over me. 
I got this 500 piece puzzle from Jac Stephenson Thursday night.  Carol started putting it together Friday and finished it today.
Notice corn yesterday.  It is looking much better today.
This Perityle stansburyi is in full bloom.  Looking pretty.  
Picked cucumber this evening and wrapped them in a plastic wrap.  They are in the fridge that is in the garage.

I was adjusting the water west of my bedroom.  I heard a cat that seemed to be in pain.  It was a yellow cat that we see from time to time that came from 100 west. It was regurgitating.  It was pretty sick.  It was still there this evening.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment