Followers

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

More Puncture Vines

After breakfast we planted more wave petunias.  These are what I planted in germination trays several months ago.  Most were big enough to plant out.  A couple we still planted were very small.  They were planted in the flower bed north of Carol's bedroom window.   Some of the plants there look like the have been eaten by slugs or snails.
The picture above is of the nursery can full of puncture weeds.  I dug those up yesterday.
I went out again this morning and dug puncture weeds in north of the Miller's yard.  Another nursery can full of them.  I put both of them in the garbage.
We have a climbing vine growing in front of the door to the patio.  It has gotten so long that it started growing down.  I tied it to the top of the single trellis.

We drove to Fillmore buy some groceries.  I also got a window fan for the little bedroom window.  We will blow cooler outside air into the house.
In Fillmore I was going to buy a 3/4 inch ball valve.  I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure of the size.  When we got home I could tell that 3/4 inch was the right size.  I found one in house four that froze and broke.  It doesn't leak when it is all the way on or all the way off.  I shut off the water and installed it.  It is the orange handle on the left.  I need to hook it to the PVC pipe on the right side.  That is how I get water to the backyard sprinklers.
For lunch I made a salad.  Most of it comes from the garden.  The picture is a little blurry.
The are three native seedless cottonwood trees that I put in pots a couple of days ago.  I moved up to pad one which gets watered every three days.
There are a lot of dead plants full of weeds on pad one.  I moved to the east a bunch of them.  I hope to clean pad one a little bit every day.
This is the yuca that is ready to bloom, but is lousy with aphids.  I made a soap solution and sprayed them.  A lady bug dropped to the ground when I sprayed it.
These are tubes of Fremont Barberry plants.  There are thirty-five of them.  They were full of single leaf spurge.
The next project was to take the weeds out of the Utah Agave plants.  Most of the plants were dead.  I ended up with eight plants.
 I split the tube with a pair of scissors to remove the plant from the tube.  It is illustrated in the middle of the above picture.  The eight plants are shown on the left side. On the top left hand corner is an example of the dead agave.
Here are the eight quart pots with the final results.


 Comments and questions are welcome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment