Followers

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Lawnmower is Fixed, I Hope

During the night a new thought came to me.  I should take off the rear tire and put more gook in the tire.
After breakfast I got the tools that I would need ready.  The tools were wrong.  I got a good eight foot 2x4 and a couple of bricks and raised the back of the lawnmower which aloud me to get access to the tire.   I pushed the end of 2x4 to the ground.  Carol held it while I put blocks under the engine.  I then took off the tire and pumped it up and put it back.
I hadn't picked any strawberries for a couple days.  I picked the cullender of strawberries and three clam shell containers.  They are so good.
I put another string on the north side of the row.  The peas are starting to bloom.  I won't belong until we start picking peas.
Every time I water I notice a few leek starts.  I took time to plant them today.  There are nine or ten starts.
I worked again in house one pruning and hanging.  There were several tomato plants that had never been pruned. Some of the tomatoes are getting ripe.  I made a lot of Tomahooks and wrapped them with twine.  I did this the late morning.  There was a little shade which made it more comfortable.
After lunch, Richard Darnell, came and began to put the gas tank back on.  He also replace the He worked there for an hour.  The moment of decision was up.  Would it work?  It started right up.  I then mowed the piece of grass that didn't get mowed a couple of weeks ago.  I thanked him and he went home.
 Carol asked me to clean the curbing around the kidney bed.  I decided to work on it for an hour.  I got finished in less than an hour.  I loaded the piece into the wheelbarrow.  And with a broom I cleaned all the soil on the curb.
There are a couple places by the hen house that needs more grass.  The above is a picture of a spot west of the hen house.  I put a lot of the grass that I dug up from the kidney here.
The rest of the grass I planted south of the chicken run.  It will be an improvement if I keep those watered.

Some where during the afternoon I had a couple of customers.  One spent $30 and the other spent $65.  They bought native plants.

At the end of the day, Lisa and Emi stopped on their way to St George.

Comments and questions are welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment