Followers

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Backyard Sprinklers Are Working



This picture does not show very much.  It represent what I wanted to do last night, but didn't get it done until this morning.  There was a yellow jacket nest in the south gabled end of the garage.  I got a large piece of two inch PVC and pushed the end up to the nest, twisted and the nest and yellow jacket fell through the pipe to the ground.  I smashed the nest with my foot and stepped on all of the yellow jackets until they we all dead.  The picture above is of a wasp nest on the north end of the garage.  I used the same PVC pipe to knock it down.  It came through the pipe and it was easy to smash it and the yellow jackets.
The thermostat is not working in house six.  I can turn it on at the circuit breaker, but it will not turn itself off.  I tried to get a part number.  There wasn't one.  I took off the cover to see the number inside.  The letters/numbers not legible. 
I cut down a lettuce plant for the chickens.  They really like the fresh lettuce.
Here is the thermostat.  I was able to go on line and find a picture of one that looked like this one.  I finally found the right one.  I called the company and asked some questions about it.  I then ordered it. It came to $105 and I should get it next week.
The bathroom basin drained so slowly.  I removed the goose neck and the stopper lever.  I cleaned out all the black gook.  It drains perfectly now.
I went to Fillmore to get the parts needed to hook the water line to the sprinkler system.  I had to use a section of garden hose to connect them together.  I the water is now going to the sprinkler in the back lawn.
One sprinkler head is partially hidden in the shrubbery.  It sprayed a little water.  I took it apart and cleaned the filter.  Now it works well.
The sprinkler heads that I had would not work here.  I put on a sprinkler that had a 45 degree spray.  
The petunia bed had not done well at all.  Yesterday morning we planted more petunias.  Last night I spread some slug and snail bait.  Today we found six dead snails.  Two were fairly small but the others were large.  They have stripped off the leave of many of them.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment