Followers

Saturday, June 9, 2018

Saturday, Home All Day



 There is a flower bed at the north west corner of the garage.  Now it contains three lemon trees that we put back into the greenhouse for the winter.  There is also an creeping Oregon grape.  I spaded it up to mix the clay soil with the dry powder compost.  The water does not soak into the soil, but runs off.  I want to plant some herbs and peppers there.
A couple of days ago we got the lawnmower working.  I mowed the lawn and that went pretty well.  There were times when the mower was not running properly.  I drained the oil which was mostly gas and put in a new quart of oil.  I finished mowing and put the clippings on the tomato plants.   That is shown in the above picture.  
 I hung tomato plants most of the morning.  I am almost finished with those in house one.
Lisa and Emi stopped by on their way home.  After they left I cranked up the weed whip and cut down all the weeds where the grapes are planted.
I cut down all of the cheat grass south of cold frame.  I cut grass and weeds down the isle.
 I cleaned a path to the well and pump.  Every time I walk out there my socks collect the cheat grass and fox tail seeds.  .
The above picture is of one of the grape plants that with all the weeds and grass gone are easy to see.


Comments and questions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment