Followers

Friday, June 8, 2018

Worked Hard All Day

/I started the day by doing the watering in house 2, 3, and 5.  I am watering twice a day.  I then hung some of the grafted tomato plants.  There is still a lot to go.

We drove to Fillmore to do some banking, get some groceries and stop at Roper where I bought a 3/4 inch hose bib and 3/4 inch threaded coupler.  We also got five more geraniums.
As soon as we got home I shut off the water at the well and put on the threaded coupler and the hose bib.  It is in the left side of the photo.
I didn't want to water the tall lettuce any more.  I cut most of them off a little below the ground level. It took awhile.  I left a few for Robert.  He wanted the seeds.
I put all the lettuce in the compost pile.  I give it a good irrigation each time I water.  I think that I need to build it higher.

It was too hot to work in any of the greenhouse so I went to work on the south side of the north garden.  There were a lot of weeds that I thought that I had sprayed over a month ago.  I sharpened the shovel and went to work digging them out.
 I turned the water on the strawberries and dug weeds south of the strawberries.  I really worked up a sweat and the sprinkler cooled me off some.
The everbearing raspberries are looking pretty good so I put a sprinkler and gave them a good drink.
Carol asked me to prune the Linden tree.  I worked on it with pruners, chain saw, and two ladders.  I can now drive the truck under it.  And I can mow the lawn without getting slapped in the face by a wayward branch.
All the branches made quite a pile on the trailer.  I wanted to wait until Robert brought back the shredder before I did the pruning.  It should be back in ten days.
There is a Red Bud tree next to the house.  I also pruned it.  I used the chain saw to cut off a couple of larger branches and dragged them out to the trailer.
We planted the Geraniums in the kidney.  This is our third planting of geraniums.


I walked through house six and noticed the cucumber plants that were not trellised were growing vines on the ground.  I worked for over and hour getting them hanging.  Some had cucumbers.  The tree above pictures illustrates.
This is a picture three stalks of peaches and creams corn that I planted early in the spring.  I didn't do much until about a month ago.   There are three big ears that will be ready in a couple of weeks.  Corn has to be planted quite close together for good pollination.  I am looking forward to the results.


Comments and questions are welcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment